Reedhurst Farms – Mentor, OH
Reedhurst Farms, Ohio
Reedhurst Farms is a planned subdivision located in Mentor, Ohio that boasts of beautiful half-acre lots in the heart of Mentor. A suburb of Cleveland, Mentor was named by Money magazine as one of the 100 best places to live in both 2006 & 2010.
The city is bordered by Lake Erie to the North; CNN Travel named Headlands Beach as one of the best 20 beaches in America. Offering top notch schools, friendly atmosphere and a convenient location, Reedhurst Farms is located in desirable South Mentor; southwest of route 20 and Old Johnnycake Ridge Road and West of Green Valley Drive.
The 2012 census reported 47% of families in mentor have children under the age of 18. Mentor Public Schools have some of the best in the state receiving an overall rating of eight stars out of 10 by greatschools.org. The schools are:
- Hopkins Elementary
- Memorial Middle School
- Mentor High School
Mentor is also home to institutions of higher education. The Cleveland Institute of Dental-Medical Assistants, Brown Aveda Institute and The Northeast Ohio Dental Assistant Academy all call Mentor home. Lakeland Community College is located 4 miles away in Kirtland, while Cleveland State University in only 20 miles away in Cleveland.
Mentor offers its residents a variety of parks. The following is just a little bit of what Mentor has to offer:
- Garfield Park: 65 acre park that includes a community rec center, pool with water slide, playground, basketball and tennis courts, baseball and soccer fields, a 5 acre fishing pond plus picnic areas and walking trails.
- Civic Center Skate Park: Skate Park that offers two levels for skaters; beginner and intermediate.
- Mentor Lagoons Nature Preserve: 450 acres nature preserve offering three miles of hiking and biking trails and 1.5 miles of shoreline.
- Headlands Beach State Park: mile long beach offering fishing, swimming, park trails and picnicking.
Things to Do in Reedhurst Farms, Mentor, Ohio
- Mentor Civic Ice Arena: Indoor ice skating complex with two regulation-sized ice rinks. Open year round
- Black Brook Golf Course & Practice Center: Well-maintained course offering 18 holes and a practice putting green. Open year-round, weather permitting.
- Atlas Cinemas: Cinema offering 12 Real D XL 3D Auditoriums, with $5 all day prices on Mondays.
Areas of Interest
- James A. Garfield National Historic Site: 20 room farmhouse of President James A. Garfield available for tours as well as museum on grounds.
- Gallery One: America’s largest art gallery with more than 30,000 original paintings. Also home to the largest Kinkade Signature Gallery east of the Mississippi.
Neighborhoods within Mentor include the following:
Brentwood, Driftwood, East Mentor, Governors Place, Mentor Acres, Mentor Headlands, North Mentor, Old Mentor Village, Pinegate, Reynolds, Salida Beach, South Mentor, West Mentor, Whalers Cove, plus others.
Mentor is a great place to live; it is home to an excellent school system and institutes of higher education. Its proximity to Cleveland and Lake Erie afford its residents many opportunities for activities; there’s a lot to do! A booming economic climate and a reasonable cost of living is just a little bit of why so many people choose to call Mentor home